What are general contraindications?
Avoid the use of the Far Infrared mat in a heating mode completely (unless you get approval from your doctor) in the case of recent:
- Severe aortic stenosis
- Myocardial infarction (heart attack)
- Unstable angina pectoris
- Lupus erythematous
- If you take corticosteroids
- Brain tumors
General contraindications list includes:
- ORGAN TRANSPLANTS
- PACEMAKERS / DEFIBRILLATORS USERS
- PEOPLE WITH INSENSITIVITY TO HEAT
- IMMOBILIZED PATIENTS AND CHILDREN WITHOUT SUPERVISION
- NEWBORN BABIES / INFANTS
- PREGNANT WOMEN
- PATIENTS WITH HYPERTHERMIA / FEVER / HIGH BODY TEMPERATURE
- IF YOU HAVE FRESH JOINT INJURIES
- RADIATION / CHEMOTHERAPY PATIENTS WITHOUT ONCOLOGIST APPROVAL
- FRESH WOUNDS / TRAUMA PATIENTS
- PEOPLE UNDER INFLUENCE OF MEDICINES, SLEEPING AIDS, DRUGS, ALCOHOL, OR INTOXICATION
- PATIENTS WITH MIND DISORDERS OR DEMENTIA
- IN CASE OF MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS
Extra care is necessary if you are diagnosed with Diabetes. You should start very slowly and monitor your blood sugar. If you have diabetic neuropathy and loss of sensitivity, you should use the strict time/frequency/temperature protocol established by your doctor, and better to do it with supervision.
While the above are only some of the conditions that may pose dangers, please check with your doctor about your specific medical condition.
Remember that it is essential to properly hydrate with pure and mineralized water before, during, and after sessions with the mat.